Meredith's Challenge 2.0

52 books, one year. Stay tuned for more details.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

#15 The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot


I learned something very important last week. I am not a twelve-year old girl. I know that some of you may be surprised by that, but it's true. Here are some other things I learned: even if you saw the movie, that doesn't mean that you need to read the book, especially if the book was written for twelve-year olds; any book that has a cover made up of gradiations of pink with a tiara is probably not going to be my cup of tea; holy cow does Disney clean up movies but good, example- father who never marries mother and survives testicular cancer is dead in the movie (pretty harsh, Walt & Co.); and finally a high school senior having a crush on his younger sister's freshman friend is kinda creepy.

This book is the first part of a series. Has anyone in the computer read the other books? Do they get any better? Was the movie a combination of multiple books, similar to the very, very pretty and equally crappy Series of Unfortunate Events?

As an aside, I'm right on track so far. Only 35 more books to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home