Meredith's Challenge 2.0

52 books, one year. Stay tuned for more details.

Monday, August 29, 2005

#29 The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini


I've been lackadaisical with my posting this month. Like the spoiled brat I am, my birthday got stretched out for a bit, which I highly recommend, there was vacationing, and to top it off some inner turmoil. So it's been an interesting month. And there are still two more days left! What'll happen next? Wish me strength.

This book is fantastic. Y'all should read it. It tells a powerful story of classism, friendship and guilt while interweaving some modern history of Afghanistan. Poor, poor Afghanistan and Afghans. They really got the crappy end of the stick. (Strong socio-political analysis there, Meredith. Thanks, I thought that all up by myself.) Do not do as I did though and read it on vacation at the beach. This is definitely not a beach read kind of book, more like a curl-up-in-bed-and-wish-the-world-was-different book. Oh, how I wish that were true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home