Meredith's Challenge 2.0

52 books, one year. Stay tuned for more details.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

#23 Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by JK Rowling


Where to start? I was so worried that Harry was going to be the irritating 15-year old prat that he was in Order of the Phoenix that I was dreading reading this as much as I was looking forward to it. I didn't have to worry, thank goodness, Harry is tolerable in Half-Blood. And the book is fantastic. I've heard some people say that it has too much exposition and not enough action, but I liked the time travelling stuff and I think that it will be important for later. I was hoping that we would learn more about Neville and his family but that was not to be. Maybe in the next and **sniff** last one. I'm glad that there is definitely going to be an end though. I think that Handler would be perfectly content to continue popping out Series of Unfortunate Events, even if their quality makes a sudden and obvious downturn. Ahem.

I'm not going to ruin the end for those of you who have yet to finish (you know who you are, Miss S.) but I want y'all to know that I predicted who was going to not return for the final book and I was right. Yay me! I wish that J.K. had fleshed out Snape more. I hope that he isn't as black and white as he seems. And I'm also hoping that all is not as it appears in the end. For y'all who read it, let me know what you thought. I think its my second favorite after Prisoner but that could also be the novelty of it talking. Also I think I ought to re-read Goblet, just to make sure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home