Meredith's Challenge 2.0

52 books, one year. Stay tuned for more details.

Monday, July 31, 2006

2.26 Oh, Play That Thing by Roddy Doyle

I picked this and the next handful of books out from the bargain bin at the book store the day before I left for my trip. I should have paid closer attention to this one because although I do enjoy myself some Modern Irish Lit, I decidedly do not like picking up a series in the middle. I didn't know that this was book #2.

Besides all that, this was a fun, easy read but at times a bit trying because I didn't have a good grasp of the back story and I also forgot how Doyle's grammar during longer conversations drive me batty because:

-He writes them
-Like this
-And if it goes on long enough
-You forget who said what
-When and then you
-Lose track of
-What the heck is going on
-Sometimes, you might re-read them
-To try to figure out what just happened
-But that is not always helpful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home