Meredith's Challenge 2.0

52 books, one year. Stay tuned for more details.

Monday, July 24, 2006

2.25 Time's Magpie: A Walk Through Prague by Myla Goldberg

I read this to prepare for our trip. It was okay. I didn't hate it, as much as I did her other book, but after having gone to Prague, I didn't find her book particularly helpful, nor did I think it was interesting while I was reading it. I got to pick up a bit of Czech history, but other than that I didn't get much. I know that Adam thinks that she's fantastic but I just don't see it.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger ASK said…

    I haven't read that one, partly because I'm not that into travel narratives. She has another novel out too called Wickett's Remedy, but the reviews in NY Times were hardly fabulous. Plus, it's historical fiction and I've never been to crazy about that either.

    On the other hand, I hate the Kabalah (even mention that on my Friendster profile) and she did have me quite entranced with Bee Season.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home