Meredith's Challenge 2.0

52 books, one year. Stay tuned for more details.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

2.28 All Over Creation by Ruth Ozeki

Another vacation book. I read this on the plane over to Europe. I remember liking it. Unfortunately, I don't remember much else.

The narrative follows a group of environmental activist hippies in a VW traveling around and trying to stop genetically engineered plants and animals from entering the food supply by staging somewhat ridiculous guerilla theatre and a distant family that farms potatoes in Idaho(?). Some of the parts were darkly, ironically (real irony too, not the Alanis Morissette kind) funny while others were just dark. It ended pretty much as I supposed it would, despite all of its presumed pessimism.

All in all, pretty entertaining. I found it perhaps more interesting than others might though because it touches upon environmental issues pertaining to food, one of my favorite topics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home