Meredith's Challenge 2.0

52 books, one year. Stay tuned for more details.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

#30 The Girl's Guide to Hunting and Fishing by Melissa Bank


I've read this before so its kind of cheating but I needed something easy, yet entertaining and rediscovered this on my book shelf. This is by far the best book I've read in the *shudder* chick-lit genre, the name the publishing industry gives books written by young women about young women to cutify them. Blah.

I really like how Girl's is a novel made up of short stories following the life of Jane, a woman on the East Coast. I adore short stories and I long to be on/see/visit the East Coast. My favorite chapter is the one not about the main character, but her neighbor's family. I've read some reviews that say that it's too jarring and take the reader away from Jane's story, but I think the book is about relationships more than a singular person and that it is a refreshing break and gives some different insight into other situations.

I know times are tough for a lot of people, but if you can, and haven't yet, please help out with some relief effort. There are a lot of places to chose from here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home