Meredith's Challenge 2.0

52 books, one year. Stay tuned for more details.

Saturday, October 22, 2005

More Lists!

Here are the top 100 books published since 1923, according to Time. I know I've been doing a lot of this stuff lately, but I can't help it, I'm fascinated by lists. Below are the ones that I've read (or tried to)

Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret Judy Blume
Beloved Toni Morrison (yay!)
The Blind Assassin Margaret Atwood (huzzah!)
Brideshead Revisited Evelyn Waugh
The Catcher in the Rye J.D. Salinger
The Corrections Jonathan Franzen (boo! hiss!)
The Crying of Lot 49 Thomas Pynchon (ugh)
Gone With the Wind Margaret Mitchell (blech)
The Great Gatsby F. Scott Fitzgerald (darn tootin')
Housekeeping Marilynne Robinson (this is fantastic)
Lord of the Flies William Golding
The Lord of the Rings J.R.R. Tolkien (does it count if I read half?)
1984 George Orwell
The Painted Bird Jerzy Kosinski (Just thinking about this, makes me shudder, 6 years later)
Possession A.S. Byatt (soon!)
Ragtime E.L. Doctorow
The Sound and the Fury William Faulkner (oh lord, I tried twice)
Their Eyes Were Watching God Zora Neale Hurston
To Kill a Mockingbird Harper Lee
White Teeth Zadie Smith (really?)

Let me know how you do. I'm also trudging my way through an insanely long collection of short stories, no thanks to the boy. Until I learn all there is to know about Jeeves and Wooster, fare ye well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home