Meredith's Challenge 2.0

52 books, one year. Stay tuned for more details.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

#34 The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger


Stop whatever you are doing, go out immediately, find this book, get comfortable, and start reading. Do not stop until you have finished. Keep a box of Kleenex handy.

This novel is amazing. I spent this whole morning trying to figure out all of the time travel and how it makes sense and doesn't totally screw with the future but I haven't come up with any good reasons, nor do I think it matters. Niffenegger is a gorgeous writer. This is her first novel, I think, and I want to read everything she's ever written. She should be showered with book deals and prizes and such because she is so, so awesome. Do you hear me Pulitzers?

When I first heard about this, I wasn't particularly interested. Time travel? Eh. But it all comes together and by the end, almost all the pieces fit and it makes perfect sense and its brilliant. I don't want to reveal too much and it's becoming difficult not to, so pick it up, then we'll chat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home