Meredith's Challenge 2.0

52 books, one year. Stay tuned for more details.

Monday, September 26, 2005

#35 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling



Just so y'all know I'm sick and excusing myself from cheating (again) and re-reading this instead of something exciting and new. Also I am writing this from home and the boy's computer is driving me up the wall crazy. Why won't the mouse pad obey me? Whyyyyy?

First Edition Copy, Planned Parenthood Book Sale, $6, how could I resist? I also got The Prisoner of Azkaban, so, I am only 2 short of the whole set and world domination.

I forgot how looooong the book is and really dark. The first three are mostly fun, except for the end of Prisoner when Sirius is about to be murdered, but this one is so much more scary. I got very nervous at the end and a little weepy too. Poor Harry! Trying not to cry in front of his friends and being so British and stiff upper lip about it. Also, he is only fifteen. It's easy to forget how young he is, until Dumbledore reminds us. Oh Dumbledore! Sniff!

This is definitely the beginning of Rowling's descent into sadness and woe for the wizarding world. I hope that the last book (sob!) is full of happiness and light, that Ron and Hermione finally hook it up (seriously, who couldn't see that coming from miles away?) and that we finally get the dirt on which side Snape is really on. My theory from book 5, that Ron will move to the dark side and Hermione will save him, I realize now is woefully wrong. Interesting though, no?

After reading Half-Blood Prince I knew I had to re-read this one so I could properly order my favorites. Here's my list:
1. Prisoner of Azkaban (I love this so much!)
2. Philosopher's Stone (none of this ridiculous American dumbing down for me)
3. Half-Blood Prince
4. Goblet of Fire
5. Chamber of Secrets
6. Order of the Phoenix (I hate Harry in this book, he is such a whiny prat, ugh)

How does this compare with anyone else's?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home