Meredith's Challenge 2.0

52 books, one year. Stay tuned for more details.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

2.7 Go Tell It on the Mountain by James Baldwin


I don't think that I know nearly enough about either the New or Old Testaments for this novel have very much meaning for me. It was well written, but I was obviously missing something. I am interested in reading more Baldwin, because I've heard such good things about him, but I don't think that this was the best choice for me.

Has anyone out there read it? What did you think of it? Have you read anything else of his work? Would you recommend it? I wanted to like this but a lot of it was over my head.

I believe that I have also come to the realization that pretending that I will one day soon-ish finish Beauty Myth has come to an end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home